Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's been a while

I have to admit, I'd kind of given up on blogging. Recently, however, I had a little brain storm....
I was watching Julie & Julia & found inspiration that she blogged about what she loved. Since she already took cooking I decided on another love.....reading.

My book club recently celebrated it's first year together. It has been an absolute joy for me. Even though I haven't loved all of the books I have always loved the getting together part. The joy of the written word and how it can be interpreted so differently.

The book club was a little scary at first....there were times when there were only 4 of us at a meeting but as the year closed we were 8 solid people strong with two more joining next month. I am excited for what the next year can bring.

I decided if I had that much fun talking about books once a month....why not a little more often??!!

I hope that some people will read my blog. Even more, I hope that someone will join me in discussions about what they've read, want to read or whats just collecting dust on the bed side table.

Speaking of that....I have two books going right now, one for book club and one for pleasure. Current reads: Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay & The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell but the pile by my night stand is many, many books deep. It's kinda scary!


What's on your night stand?

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I can tell you what is now OFF my nightstand and that is the Guersney book. I just finished it a few minutes ago and I didn't want it to end! What a story and such a complete story told through letters only! When I first started it I didn't expect it to be so in depth, afraid the characters wouldn't be quite "fleshed out" as described in letter form, but I was wrong. I could picture each character and the island so clearly and I just want to go back there and find out how Dawey and Juliet and Kit spend their days as a family. Juliet is SO much like my friend Heidi - her humor is identical and I found myself laughing outloud. Heidi's emails to me read like Juliet's letters and I can't wait to share this with her. My top book of 2010 (ok, my ONLY book of 2010 as of yet but I am off to a great start!). Wish I could sink my teeth right into Loving Frank, next on my list!